To Make a Donation to the 2016 team

Please visit my fundraising page to make a donation to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (www.runDFMC.org/2018/jennies). Please help me reach my goal of $50,000 to fund important basic cancer research! With your support, we have already provided over $366,000 to Dana-Farber researchers over the past 9 years. Please give as generously as your means allow!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Running in circles

I got back on the track this morning to do some speedwork for the first time since April.  Most of the summer, I was happy to just get in a run here and there, but now it is time to buckle down and try to get my fitness level back to where I was. I turned 40, got lazy, ate a lot of Halloween candy, and pumplin pie so I have some work to do!!  We ran some 400m repeats with 1 mile warm-up and 1.5 mile cool down...and it felt good but it was not easy.

In March, I ran a 20 mile race as a prep/test run for Boston which was 6 weeks later.  I ran it in 2:47, which was a 8:22 pace.  I finished strong...taking it easy at the beginning and finishing the last 3 miles at the fastest pace for the whole race.  My goal for the marathon was 3:45 (Boston Qualifier) so I was on track to get there pending a major meltdown in the last 6 miles.  But then the weather happened and all bets were off.

My goal hasn't changed, but I've got some work to do to get there.  So, round and round the track I will go as long as the snow stays away.  And when winter does show (hopefully not with a vengeance to repay the mildness of last year), I'll hit the treadmill or the streets to get these legs moving with a little more speed than they've become accustom of late!

No comments:

Post a Comment