To Make a Donation to the 2016 team

Please visit my fundraising page to make a donation to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (www.runDFMC.org/2018/jennies). Please help me reach my goal of $50,000 to fund important basic cancer research! With your support, we have already provided over $366,000 to Dana-Farber researchers over the past 9 years. Please give as generously as your means allow!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Week in Review

The training week went pretty much as planned. I got to use some of my new Christmas gifts, too. I got a Garmin watch, which tracks distance, time, pace, etc. It's been a fun little toy to use. I like having the flexibility to change my route around a little while I am out there running. I also haven't been as obsessive about watching my pace as I thought I might! I am looking forward to learning all about all the bells and whistles on it! I also got a new Fuel Belt to hold water/Gatorade. It holds four small bottles instead of one large bottle, and I found that it was much more comfortable for me than the single bottle belt that I used to have. The new one doesn't bounce around as much, and doesn't feel as heavy. I also shifted my long run to Thursday because we went out of town for the weekend, and that worked out well. I ended up with two days off in a row, which isn't my preference, but it worked okay. My legs need the break!

Monday: stationary bike
Tuesday: Running class (warmed up with drills and then did 5 repeats of the following circuit: 400 meters on treadmill at 5K pace, 30 medicine ball squats/throws, and 30 step-ups). I did some light running on the treadmill, too. The 150 squats with the medicine ball did a number on my quads!
Wednesday: stationary bike
Thursday: 13 miles (slower than I had hoped, but my legs were still fried from Tuesday)
Friday: rest
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 6 miles on treadmill (2 miles easy, 3 miles at tempo pace, 1 mile easy)

The big news out of Dana-Farber this week was that Valerie Bertinelli will be running as a member of the team this year. Her participation should bring some attention and raise some additional awareness about the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge.

Be good. Be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment