To Make a Donation to the 2016 team

Please visit my fundraising page to make a donation to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (www.runDFMC.org/2018/jennies). Please help me reach my goal of $50,000 to fund important basic cancer research! With your support, we have already provided over $366,000 to Dana-Farber researchers over the past 9 years. Please give as generously as your means allow!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Rain, rain-SNOW away!

We are getting a pounding rain storm today with warm temperatures close to 50 degrees. The end result is that a lot of the snow and ice is melting away! The past month or so has been rough running outside because the roads have been narrow due to the snow banks and also very slippery. It will be nice to have a few days to get out and run with a little extra space on the street.

Another decent week of running is in the books. I been getting a lot of use out of my running gadget that I got for Christmas...a Garmin GPS watch that tells me pace, distance, time, etc. It's been a big help for me on my runs when I am trying to push the pace a little bit. I used to just try to base how fast I was going by how I felt (which was usually bad when I was going faster than normal), but now I actually know exactly what my pace is. I can adjust accordingly and can complete the workouts in the manner it was intended. I also got to share my weekly long run with a good friend, which is always a treat. She ran 7 of the 10 miles with me. Having the opportunity to catch up with her makes the time go by much quickly than when I am on my own.

Mon: Biking and yoga
Tues: Y Running group-drills and then rowing machine intervals in between treadmill intervals
Wed: 45 min. bike and strength
Thurs: 7 miles (middle 3 miles at tempo pace)
Fri: off
Sat: 10 miles
Sun: 3.5 miles

I've got 16 miles staring me in the face for my long run this week. Fingers crossed for some sun and non-freezing temperatures! Twelve weeks from today, I will be home (hopefully!!) eating 26 miles worth of calories of good food! The weeks are flying by!

Be good. Be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment