To Make a Donation to the 2016 team

Please visit my fundraising page to make a donation to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (www.runDFMC.org/2018/jennies). Please help me reach my goal of $50,000 to fund important basic cancer research! With your support, we have already provided over $366,000 to Dana-Farber researchers over the past 9 years. Please give as generously as your means allow!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Catching up

It seems as though I've lost the past 6 weeks or so. I can't believe it is March 16. So much happened, so quickly and I am still reeling from it all. I've been trying to get my feet back underneath me and wade through all that kind of got lost in the shuffle. That includes my training, too. I figured it was time for an update.

I've made some changes, rather additions, to the blog. If you look at the home page, you'll see some "tabs" across the top. I wanted to have additional information about the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge, the Barr Program that receives the funds, some links I have found helpful, and other odds and ends.

I've started getting my runs in again on a regular basis. In addition to the upheaval of life preventing normal training, my calf injury from last spring started acting up. With the help of a very kind friend who is a physical therapist and a couple of sessions of massage on that leg, it is feeling much better. I ran a 20-mile training run over the weekend, and came out of it feeling pretty well. That is saying a lot since the week before I was limping and having trouble walking after an 8-mile run. So, I have one more long run (20-22 miles) next weekend, and then it is all downhill to Marathon Monday.

As far as fund raising goes, the total is over $27,000 right now, which is just incredible. There has been an amazing outpouring of support of this wonderful cause, and for that, I am so grateful. I am not thankful for the losses that have brought me to this place at this time....running for cancer research in memory of my sisters and brother, but I am grateful that so many people have reached out and recognized the reasons for this run. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your donations. Thank you for reading this blog. Thank you for sharing this story. It is truly a team effort.

But know that I am not yet finished. I am on a mission. For Mary, Molly, and John.

Be good. Be Strong.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennie,
    I met your friend, Judy, this weekend in Denver. She told me about you. I am also running Boston in April. I just read your story and your cause. So amazing. Just wanted to say hello. I am so utterly sorry for your losses and inspired by how you have raised so much money for the Barr Program. All my best, Beth.

    ReplyDelete